Saturday, April 19, 2008

Still alive in Colombia




Hola,...dias,
I am still alive but something called work has got in the way of blogging and just having pure fun! Bugger, no not really.
I have had a lot of fun anyway but all in the name of work. My travel companions have been great. Grant from Kerikeri and Jennifer from Botany Downs. It is so much better to travel with others when doing this sort of thing.
The length of trip has been manageable too, 3 weeks in total with 2 working.
It is soooo hot outside with about 100% humidity so think I will spend most of the day inside and then venture out tonight. We are in a boutique hotel in the old quarter, and it is just perfect for our needs. It is around $140 NZ per night I think, has aircon, wireless, breakfast included and has great character. It is the French colonial style and has an upstairs patio with vistas out over the old city. Many hours can be whiled away up there. I have taken some photos on my camera but my computer has stopped speaking to the phone for some reason.I will sort it out.Grant's camera won't work for the humidity!We are off to the Havana club tonight for live salsa music and dancing. Grant leaves at 4am tomorrow morning so he is thinking he may not go to bed. lets hope the salsa experience goes better than the tango one!
Ok, off to swim through the heat for an hour then will escape back in here. I have my wool singlet on to help cope with the heat.
Next blog will have photos.
Hasta...
Suzette

No comments: