Sunday, April 20, 2008

Colombian coffee for purists





Hola mi amigos, mi gusta espresso del Colombia!
At last coffee to write home about.
I am in Cartagena, on the Caribbean Coast of Colombia (near to Panama and Venezuela) and I am sure I have landed in heaven.
I have found an Italian roaster of the best Colombian beans.
100% Arabica beans , from about 7 to 9 different top coffee farms. Hand selected bean by bean, naturally dried under the sun and then slowly roasted in the Italian style (as opposed to burning it). The coffee was voted the best coffee in Colombia by the national paper.
The brand is Devotion.
It is so hot and humid here that I am also having iced/shaken versions of it, with shit-loads of sugar in it (as made).
The espresso is thick, creamy and sweet. Yum. Mi gusta.
Ciao,
Suzette

No comments: