Thursday, April 3, 2008

Running late


Hola, hot and dry here and noisy, as I complete my homework in the apartment. I am meeting some classmates at 9pm to go tango dancing...we will see. Better put my heels in my bag.
Class was good today except I either slept through my alarm or it didn't go? I woke at 8am, class begins at 8.30 about 20 blocks away. I was sweating once I got there, and had not showered but I figured half a day spent immersed in water yesterday would suffice.
I grabbed the complemtary medialunas (croissants)and hoped to grab a cortado on the run.
A whole bunch of grapes was 45cents!!
I was the only person to sign up this afternoon, for wine tasting with an expert, so canned it. A shame there are not many other culture vultures on the courses. Mostly young people on tight budgets. A 20 year old would like to play golf with me though, but his budget is too low I think.
I am thinking of getting out of town for the weekend, as my course finishes tomorrow. I was kinda thinking it was still running but if I had thought about it of course it wasn't.
I will try to load another of my phone photos up...the blockade by farmers over a new tax that was crippling the country for the past few weeks has just been called off for 30 days so they can go back into negotiation. There has been no meat in the shops! The President, Christine Kirkner (?) has been raving on the telly. People are standing on street corners debating and there are protests. The photo is of some of the associated graffiti.
Ok, better go today as it is my one chance to go to a couple of shops(they have just reopened for the afternoon session of 5-9pm. Yes afternoon. Time is a social construct as most of you have heard me say. Sorry about any typos, I can't figure out the spell checker.

No comments: