Saturday, April 5, 2008

Education for the brain.



Hola mi amigos,
I have completed my 4 days of intense language learning and it has been a very interesting experience having the shoe on the other foot...my welcome, documentation, customer service attitude of staff, feedback form (very long and annoying), how my actual purpose for doing the course perhaps wasn't understood fully so decisions were made that did not match eg they assumed learning Spanish was most important to me whereas being in a group and doing group activities was more important to me. I was put into a pair after the first day as someone else had complained that the group was too big. I didn't really want the intensity of a paired learning environment.I wanted to socilaise with other members who I could not now meet. I do remember I made similar decisions for students in the past, assuming the academic environment was most important where as the students were there for the whole experience, especially the activities. There are a few other examples I will no doubt go on about at another time.
Over-all I loved the experience of trying to learn the language and I am much improved. Perhaps I am nearing a 2 year old level now,not just ga, ga, ga baby language!!!
After the last class today we had an asado, mixed grill/barb-b-q and salads, and Argentine singing. We were not very good at both singing or knowing the words off the sheets but it was fun.
I came home and had wee zizz as the argies do, from 5 till 7 , and then went out for some more education...this time of the palate.
that will be my next post.

(www.intercultural.com.ar www.spanishcourses.com.ar) is the link to the course.

If you have Skype I am now connected. suzette.eastmond

Hasta leugo,
Suzette

No comments: