Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Train journy reports....swine flu??

Guten morgen


From a frikken train still! I am feeling like my life is on a train. Prob cos I have spent 18 hrs of last 36 on one!

Flying through the night to Manheim, starving, as bloody useless boy has not brought me the menu. He is scared of English and also thick and new. I heard the guards talking when I waited for the loo. I finally got my Spanish red vino, thank god.
 I change trains to Bonn so hopefully can get some real food. The breafast place said on a sign "please do not take food away", so that stopped me taking a snack away for train.

The train feels like it is going a million miles an hour, backwards into time. Maybe I should sit going forward?
Probably going 300 km again but no speed dial this time to confirm. On ICE you get power so my iPhone is running songs in my head and I am doing this. Too tired to write up rest of today Got 15 contacts into data base before I gave up.

It is compulsory to have a lap top in this cabin!

And to talk loudly into cell ph mentionning Afghanistan, New York,Lucern, whatever... Fascinating.

Finished my jersey and to celebrate I wore it off the train to the platform!!!

Not sure about the collar yet. I doubled it over and sewed it.

I have to look into a mirror. Thank goodness I had the pins with me!! My novel may be called "A dozen pins and a pair of needles.

........


Absoluely every bugger on these trains has a cold and is either sneezing or sniffing. I refused to shake hands with, and blocked my nose, as one of the organizers of WEBA said loudly he was sick "but don't worry he had not been attacked by a pig." 


I am seeing swine flu everywhere. I turned around and this guy was behind me and he looked like he was bloody dieing of swine flu.  Of course the news us full of the football game cancelled because of 3 cases of swine fllu in the team, which then led to riots btw the opposition supporters

Now in having dinner and a huge sneeze from man and an equally loud "gazunt heit" ( can't spell it) He has kept sneezing as I write this andy nose is itching so I have come to the conclusion it was the pepper the guy opposite was applying liberally.
..........

In a darkened cabin and lights reflecting off the Rhine and every few minutes another castle that is lit up, flashes by. Oh yeah, I am flashing by.


Tooooo much today to soak it all in. The view leaving Zurich was one of the best I have ever seen. Matterhorn dusted in snow in background. I  don't think I have seen that view before. The views prior equal to all the best before eg Gt Wall, Iguazzu, Himalayas etc Wow

No comments: