Sunday, October 25, 2009

Belgium -history lesson from Skippy and Marike



From Rotterdam I trained to Menen, on the border with Belgium and France. My sister had lived in nearby Brugge for 20 years so I visited her friends.

The business Sandi and her husband Lode set up is still running and is called Quasimodo tours. I was thinking of being a mystery shopper for them (as they are still majority share holders). However Skippy and Marike kindly offered to show me the fields of Flanders themselves so off we went for my compulsory history lesson. We visited the Messen gate during the day and also for the last post at 8pm (played every day). We also visited the Tyne Cot cemetery (the largest Commonwealth cemetery in the world) for fallen soldiers.

The colours were all muted autumn and the wind was chilly but the whole morning was very interesting. In the afternoon I wrote up my notes from Thailand which took ages because I had met so many people.

I am here until Friday morning when I will train to Aachen for an appointment and then down to Munich for a fair for students but I will be doing another guerrilla attack and meeting agents.

In the mean time I am writing up my Holland visit and also making more requests for appointments etc. Had a big hassle today about the hotel bookings for 9 rooms in Milan for the rugby event. Grrrr





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




No comments: