Sunday, October 25, 2009

Holland –attempted robbery boarding train in Rotterdam.

As I was catching the train in Rotterdam to Belgium I had 2 or 3 guys try to rob me as I boarded the train!! They were so good at it, I was not even sure it was happening. Tidy guys came one in front, 2 behind and ‘helped me’ onto the train with my 2 wheeled bags (only around 15 and 10 kilos). As they were ‘helping me, they tugged hard, and the third was trying to pickpocket my purse. I looked sternly at him, said THANK-YOU and then grabbed my bags (having never once let go) and turning left into 1st class and they disappeared into 2nd. I think they were trying to grab my briefcase bag plus pick pocket. I will have my hands free purse not only dangling inside my jacket from now on, but the jacket done up, plus I will only board with no-one behind me, and in the middle of 1st class. Lucky for them I was not entirely sure they were doing what they were doing until they actually took off as I was very likely to lash out with my sharp toed boots and scream blue murder. Ask my husband next time about a similar incident in Denmark or when the guy tried to take my park!!!

No comments: