Friday, April 24, 2009

Another work blog cos no time to write a more personal one.




We arrived back into Santiago at 1am and had the Hotel Patio pickup arranged. It felt like coming back home! I smiled at the cleaner and housekeeper next day and said "mi casa" with my hand on my heart. They grinned. Having the least changes between hotels on trip is good for the mental health. Even modest places can feel like home if you stay long enough.
We gave each other a break and said meet around midday the next day. I caught up on all of washing, we wrote and slept. You need these days! Some slept until after midday. Brunch/lunch basically got us to the point of grabbing taxi for the New Zealand Residence in Las Condes. Bronwyn Golder was the host, the wife of the ambassador who was in NZ at the time.
All participants in the fair,and agents and principals were invited, plus any known NZers studying in Santiago.
I nominated the Farmlands crew, plus my niece Jazz who is there for a semester as an English aide/Year 13 students. We had a lovely time, sipping wine on the lawn,and making sure we met everyone. A school group of girls were there from Queen Margaret in Wellington. They are on a 5 week exchange with a sister school. I used to teach with the Principal who was with them so she got a shock.
Always assume there is a reception the night before a fair, or check.

No comments: