Tuesday, November 3, 2009

ICEF in Berlin

I am now back in Berlin, on the last day of the ICEF agents fair, the biggest in the world. around 900 agents and similar institutions so the whole of the Intercontinental taken over plus another couple of hotels. All of the existing guests had only been booked until the first day so there was a mass exodus including a couple of important guests, Gorbechev and George Bush Snr!!
GB shuffled past me but didn't stop and chat as he obviously figured I was busy. A Maltese agent guy was in the lift and an old guy got in with a funny mark on his head and he thought, no it can't be?
Sunday was a conference set up, so listened to presentations to online solutions, new products, surveys on state of market etc. The presentations will go up on the ICEF site.
At night we had the opening party with food, free flowing wine and thousands packed in. We all had to shout which was not good on the vocal cords. Much networking took place and tom foolery eg dancing until 1 am with a huge range of people, my new  'sister' who loves Latin and is an Ozzie  Singaporean, her Spanish new-mates, their mate who is English Jamaican and can speak most languages, some Sardinians who were goggling my 'sister', a NZer in charge of marketing ICEF blond westie that she is..... enough I am getting tired remembering. The main requirement for being on the road is stamina as I keep saying and the  ability to net work.

Yesterday (Monday) was even more full on.

The others all had face to face interviews every 20 minutes in a huge hall that was hot and loud. I was so pleased it was not me in there. Extremely hard work.
I parked myself up near the bar area and people kept sitting next to me who were relevant and interesting. the fact I had my 100% Pure t shirt over a long sleeved woollen top helped! I also toured the display stands and gathered interesting info and chatted to people.

I also had a few actual meetings with people as some of my requests to visit said they would be here.
I  also had a meeting  with a German agent who did not answer my request to meet in Stuttgart, and it went very well. I got that chance through the networking. Details later.
 I have been getting  taxis as it has been raining and 3 degrees,

Off to the GLS meeting now so more updates later on from the free internet here at Arcotel Velvet hotel.
Tschuess,
Suzette

No comments: