Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Berlin high jinx

Well I have finally done Berlin justice, even if it did have to wait until 50+!! Nearly all previous times here I have watched hockey or been too tired to leave the hotel.
Parties, night clubs, zooming around looking for the next party as teens do..all part of ICEF, one of the biggest 3 day parties I have ever been to (the working parts for people working were also awesome but that  story belongs on my work blog which locked for clients only, and I was not working as such as I was  there as  a guest, just floating and networking for myself).
My Kazakhstan sister and I began the dancing on the second night ICEF Party, and my Saudi brother and I finished it.  Bloody good for the soul. About a thousand people going hard can be quite intoxicating!  I scared the man off, who asked "what room are you in?" with "I am 51 mother of 3 and happily married"!!

On the last day everyone is exhausted but then all the after parties start. You get invitations during the events.

I was a bit of a granny and came home early at 1.30 am. as the night club pumping was a bit too much however the views from the 24th floor of  the Europa Centre made it all worthwhile.
1st party was the Italian one where I jacked up an  appt in Bologna next week (always working)  and then to Irish party where live Irish music was playing and then to GLS party at their campus. Finally  to the I LAC party at the night club where I met my Colombian agent, did some go-go impersonations with my Kazhaktsan sister then came home!!. Jeepers, until next time.

As we left the ICEF we found out that U2 are playing in Berlin on Thursday night as per 20 years ago, so we changed our sleeper train reservation to a  train out of Berlin rather than Frankfurt.
subsequently have found out that you need a ticket for the free event but will go and hang with  the 10's of thousands anyway. Happy anniversary Baz, I will wave on the MTV show.

No comments: