Saturday, October 25, 2008

Verona, Genoa, Milan

Well I haven’t got much to say about these places as they are cities and the worst aspects of humanity are always displayed.
The smell of piss, dog shit, heaps of graffiti, mad druggies in the train stations, transport strikes, traffic, churches full of gold and icons with beggars outside......
Ok it is true I worked in Milan on the day of a strike so it was a long day but I did manage to train from Verona to Milan and return and make my appointment. Barry stayed behind in the beautiful B and B and wrote a report he just had to do (Auckland Commission).
Verona is quite nice in parts, and we went to the best restaurant so far although Barry didn’t actually like his choice. We couldn’t find the bench, on the bend of the river, that I slept comatosed on 23 years ago!
Genoa is a bad ass bitch with a high class background and exterior, who can trick you with her high heels and makeup, especially around the dock area. The grottiest medieval buildings are jammed up against one another and black girls peer around corners with tits and teeth showing, and black guys are on street corners. We drank beer and wine in the grungiest part of town, outside of a bar surrounded by graffiti and filth and old high-rise.
I was glad to leave behind the cities and head off to the Cinque Terra. I already knew I was over cities, hence gave up my job, so it should not have been a surprise.

No comments: